Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sculpting in Real Life

Here is my latest completed piece, a Blue-Banded Dwarf Hotot:


This was a bit of a rush order, but luckily it was the husband's weekend off! 

Somebody saw one of my rabbit figurines on another page and asked if I could sculpt one for their fundraiser auction to get a new color variety recognized in the breed.

Regular Hotots have black bands and dark brown eyes, but the blues have a slate blue coloration.


I was happy to oblige, and this guy will be off to Michigan first thing Monday morning!

So now it's back to my regular commissions list...


Which is steadily growing, I might add. Making good progress on this guy, and if the day goes well I will get him baked.


Once he's baked I'll begin work on his English Lop friend, and decide exactly how I want him arranged over him.


Forgive the swirly effect - I'm still mixing my scraps while I wait on my next clay shipment.

Once this sculpture is finished I will only have ONE rabbit left in this order. I'll be happy if I can complete it before the end of the year, but I know the holidays will slow me down.

This kind of slows me down too.....


Luckily he's pretty good about not messing with my pieces. He mostly just wants to help.

And oh my GOD look at my kitchen table!! 😨

We're still unpacking and most of our rooms are filled to the ceiling with boxes (and snakes - yes, I said snakes). Eventually I'll have my own work table in another room, but for now our 8-ft kitchen table is covered in Etsy stuff (not to mention pushed against the wall to make room for building our hearth).

It can be a little frustrating trying to work among so many distractions, but somehow it gets done.


You know, real life and all. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment