Thursday, June 23, 2016

Making Progress


I've really been trying to make some headway on my long list of commissions.

One if my goals this year was to work faster while still maintaining quality.

Like anything else, it just comes with practice.

It isn't easy with a very busy 2 1/2-year-old and other life demands, but somehow I'm making it work.

My biggest order so far this year is a collection of 12 custom rabbit figurines.

I'm excited to be halfway through! It has been such a rewarding project, and an even better learning experience!




I have a further backlog of commissions I haven't been able to get around to for awhile, but am slowly working my way through those as well.



I really took on more than I was ready for at the beginning, but my skills are beginning to catch up with demand.

Even though I am at such a demanding transition in my life (new-ish mother, small farm, house renovation, but move coming up later this year, etc.....), I really enjoy the diversion. 

It's been such a long time since I've allowed my creative side to take flight, and I like where it is going!




No comments:

Post a Comment